CDI Engineering Solutions is seeking a Project Manager to work in our Engineering Center in Baton Rouge, LA. Great benefits, direct-hire position!
Successful candidate will plan, direct, organize and execute activities of designated projects to ensure that goals and objectives of the projects are accomplished within a prescribed timeframe and funding parameters performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors assigned to the projects.
- Provides project leadership under the general supervision of a Project Director.
- Responsible for designated project results, and maintains communication on all aspects of the projects.
- Develop the Project Procedure Manual under the guidance of a Project Director.
- Prefer candidate with EPCM experience.
- Reports on status of project to a Project Director.
- Develops Project Execution Plan for designated project and ensures that the Project Execution Plan is followed during the life of the project.
- Coordinates with Project Controls on the schedule and budget for appropriate element of project, and Assures that adequate Project Controls for the project are functioning.
- Determines staffing requirements and directs design team personnel.
- Documents issues related to the contract, know the contract and execute per the terms of the contract.
- Maximize profitability for CDI. Establishes a cost-effective environment.
- Be proactive in meeting challenges and deliver value.
- Expand CDI's role and services.
- Assess risk and take action to mitigate risk.
- Responsible for effective scope definition and change management.
- Ensure a safet work environment and a safe design, per CDI and client safety guidelines.
- Conducts requirements review.
- Establishes and defines project organization under guidance from supervisor.
Job Qualifications, Skills & Requirements:
Ten (10) years’ experience in the engineering industry with 5 years as a Project Manager desired. A combination of project engineering and project management may be considered.
Experience in the following areas: multi-discipline coordination, engineering estimate assembly, proposal development, client interface, cost and schedule management, budget and funding responsibility, project reporting, etc.
- Capable of planning, organizing and running small projects up to $10MM TIC
- Should have engineering management knowledge across multiple disciplines with emphasis on discipline interfaces and information flow.
- Working knowledge of material management processes across all accounts.
- Working knowledge of construction and site issues.
- Capable of working as site engineering manager.
- Able to analyze project controls documents with knowledge across a spectrum of projects.
- Able to present cost estimates to CDI Management and clients.
- Must understand CDI profitability on projects.
- Capable of understanding contractual terms (warranty, guaranty, indemnity, etc.).
- Capable of directing work to make an impact on CDI profitability.
- Able to act as proposal manager on small to medium sized projects.
- Able to prepare and administer business plan including risk mitigation.
- Must have demonstrated leadership capability on projects.
- Excellent communication skills with task force, with client and with CDI management.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
- Must be able to make decisions that must be made, however unpopular.
- Exhibits interest in people development and training own project backup.
- Works well with client personnel.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technical field from a four-year college or university is required.
- Professional Engineering license preferred, not required.
CDI Engineering Solutions is an EEO/An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer.