Join a team with EXCELLENCE, LOYALTY and INTEGRITY!
CDI Corporation (CDI) is a $1 billion privately held company founded in 1950. We deliver engineering services to blue-chip clients with operations in markets around the world.
CDI Marine Company is a division of CDI Government Services and a leader in providing our clients with high quality, cost effective engineering, design and logistics services in the marine industry. For additional opportunities please visit us at www.cdicareercenter.com
• CDI Marine Company was awarded the Virginia Values Veterans (V3) Governor’s Award in 2016.
• Forbes.com named CDI as one of the Most Trustworthy Companies in the United States in 2012.
• CDI Corporation is an EEO/An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer
- CDI is seeking a System Engineer III in Newport, RI for Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) Code 104 Undersea Warfare (USW).
- This position is contingent upon contract award and applicable to Cyber Security Work Force (CSWF) Master Level qualifications.
- Key Position
- Specialty Area Code 45 – System Administration - Intermediate/Journeyman or Advanced Master
- Installs, configures, troubleshoots, and maintains server and systems configurations (hardware and software) to ensure their confidentiality, integrity, and availability. Administers server-based systems, security devices, distributed applications, network storage, messaging, and performs systems monitoring. Consults on network, application, and customer service issues to support computer systems’ security and sustainability.
- A Systems Engineer, also known as lead systems analyst, a network engineer who can also program, or a software engineer who can also manage networks, is an IT professional who oversees the creation of hybrid software, web and hardware products from initial specifications to final rollout and maintenance. These products are often sophisticated systems that run on the web. The systems engineer is responsible to integrate various network operating systems, application programs and hardware devices.
- Duties of a systems engineer typically include managing the development cycle associated with producing a resilient software, hardware and web application, including: specification, design, coding, testing and maintenance.
- Systems engineering is like putting together a puzzle, matching varied pieces together to make one cohesive whole. Systems engineers are concerned with the "big picture" of a project in addition to technical aspects and must consider details like cost, schedules and social issues that may be associated with a project.
- Conduct IA analysis and make recommendations on IA tools, processes and procedures to enhance the security of individual platforms, systems, or networks.
- Implement security settings and resolve any hardware and software interface and interoperability issues that occur during the implementation.
- Install and integrate updates, fixes, and enhancements of hardware, operating systems, databases and application software.
- Administer computer accounts, privileges, and access to systems and equipment.
- Configure, monitor and maintain Storage Area Network (SAN) hardware.
- Manage system assets including performance, capacity, availability, serviceability, recoverability and backups.
- Monitor and perform maintenance analysis and diagnostics for accredited systems.
- Ensure systems availability, functionality, integrity and efficiency and maintain systems configuration.
- Provide systems administration and technical support for establishment, test, upgrade, and operational support of systems, network, workstations, and support equipment hardware and software hosted on accredited networks.
- Provide system engineering support for system development, requirements management, technical planning, and technical risk management.
MINIMUM SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Education: Bachelor’s level degree in Electrical/Electronic/Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems OR CNSSI or NTSSI 4015 or 4016
- Experience: 3 – 5 years professional experience in systems administration
- Certifications: GSEC or Security + (CE) or SSCP
PREFERED SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Education: Graduate Degree from accredited University OR CNSSI or NTSSI 4015 or 4016
- Experience: Validated 5 plus years specialized Master level experience in Specialty Area 45 (Systems Administration)
- Certifications: CISSP or CASP or ENSA
- Expert knowledge in: Windows Servers; Windows Server 2012 certification or certificate
- Must speak fluent English and possess good grammatical skills and a broad vocabulary. A degree of creativity and initiative are expected at both the grammatical and document level.
- Excellent and effective written & verbal communication skills.
- Team Player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor's or Degree in a business or technical field
BENEFITIAL TO HAVE::
- Expert knowledge in VMWARE*
- Expert knowledge in SPLUNK*
- Expert knowledge in Red Hat Enterprise*
- MS Windows Certification
- Windows 10 Certification/Certificate
NEC 1316 (CIN: A-113-0282 or A-113-0383), or NEC 1319 (CIN: A-113-0202/Rev A), or NEC 1346 (CIN: A-113-0381), or NEC 1347 (CIN: A-113-0342 or A-113-0414), or NEC 1355 (CIN: S-121-0005), or NEC 1365 (CIN: S-121-0574), or NEC 1375 (CIN: A-121-0200), or NEC 1385 (CIN: A-150-4219), or NEC 1386 (CIN: A-150-9020), or NEC 2791 (CIN: A-150-1980 or K-150-2115) or 2710 (CIN: A-150-0045) or 2765 (CIN: A-150-3500) or 2766 (CIN: A-150-3400) or 9225 (CIN: A-102-5888) or 9229 (CIN: A-102-5599 (SNOOP) or CIN: A-102-0116 (ISCRS)) or 9298 (W-102-5890) or 1678 (CIN: A-150-2300) or 3371, CYBR1005, NETW4001
ON THE JOB TRAINING:
- With privileged access- NAVEDTRA 43469 , or NAVEDTRA 43551-3C, or NAVEDTRA 43356-C, or NAVEDTRA 43355-6, or NAVEDTRA 43359-B, or NAVEDTRA 43355-H, or NAVEDTRA 43355-1A, or NAVEDTRA 43340, or NAVEDTRA 43355-4, or NAVEDTRA 43355-2A, or NAVEDTRA 43348-B, or NAVEDTRA 43462-2, or NAVEDTRA 43359-B, or NAVEDTRA 43462-1C, or If IP O1-3, NAVEDTRA 43360-2, or If IP O4-5, NAVEDTRA 43360-3
- Applicant must have a current Secret clearance, will be subject to a security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements to maintain a security clearance issued by the US Government. In addition to the security clearance, this position may require an additional background screening for base access.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- CARRYING and LIFTING. Ability to transport and lift up to 30 lbs.
- Employee is required to access remote areas of multi-level vessels
- Must comply with Company’s Driver Safety Policy if assigned to operate company and/or rental vehicles