Sr. Process Engineer
Required: BS in Engineering (or higher).
Preferred: ABET accredited Institution; Master's degree or higher; BS in Chemical Engineering.
Preferred: PE License.
Preferred: 10 years, field experience, experience working in the refining industry (preferred), hydrocarbon storage and transportation, or chemical manufacturing. Experience as the lead engineer on medium and large multi-discipline projects.
Software: HYSYS, Promax.
- Refinery Processes and Operations
- Refinery Troubleshooting
- Amine and SRU
- LPG Treating
- Condensate Stabilization and LNG
- Process Safety Management
- Refinery Optimization
- Development of Commissioning and Startup guidelines
- Gas Dehydration and Cryogenic Recovery
Applies extensive and diversified knowledge of discipline engineering principles and practices. Makes decisions independently. Applies advanced techniques and methods as required. Suggest, justifies and implements improvements and creative solutions for problems.
Duties and Essential Functions:
- Demonstrates ability to lead a discipline engineering team on Projects with little guidance
- Can develop conceptual and detailed engineering design packages
- Capable of reviewing and approving Designs
- Independently performs most assignments. Work requires comprehensive knowledge in area of expertise. Generally Plans work and meets deadlines without supervisor action.
- Serves as the lead Engineer or technical expert on a medium to large project. Planning and managing the engineering activities on a project.
- Conducting broadly defined, relatively complex engineering tasks.
- Coordinates work with other engineers and engineering disciplines. Supervises the work of a team of engineers assigned to a project.
- Develops, plans, and recommends solutions for difficult problems.
- Recognizes problems and discrepancies in work process and requests help when needed.
- Interacts with drafting group to develop, review, and seal engineering drawings.
- Performs a variety of assignments requiring the application of standard design engineering techniques for a small project or selected segments of a larger project.
- Performs engineering calculations and develops analysis models for more complex projects with limited supervision.
- Analyzes and assists other less experienced engineers with designs as needed.
- Mentors less experienced engineers, designers and drafters.
- Work closely with engineers, designers and drafters to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Interfaces with other disciplines, and potentially with vendors, clients and/or contractors.
- Prepares advanced and complex specifications detailing performance requirements, specific components, design requirements, applicable design codes, and vendor drawing requirements.
- Demonstrates a continuing consciousness of safety in daily activities and implemented in work designed.
- Prepares sketches and performs calculations for a specific segment of a project.
- Prepares technical specifications for review and approval.
- Visits vendor facilities to inspect equipment for compliance with requirements.
- Visits job-sites to evaluate site, project requirements, and conditions.
- Prepares inquiry and purchase requisitions, bid tabulations on simple purchases, and reviews vendor drawings for compliance with specifications.
- Develops a focus on least cost, safe design.
- Meets company quality assurance requirements for personal work assignments.
- Supervises design personnel and other staff specialists.
- Actively involved in maintaining the schedule and budget of assigned projects.
- Assists in the development of design guides, guide specifications and design control procedures.
CDI Corporation is an EEO/An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer