CDI Engineering Solutions is seeking a Senior Project Manager who will organize and coordinate mechanical, technical, and operation resources, materials, and activities according to project schedules and plans to achieve the project goals and objectives. This is a full-time, benefited position located in New Orleans, LA. The duration of this assignment is 2 years.
Job Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Become familiar with Client's project engineering standards, project controls, safety requirements, and reliability expectations and pre-project and post-project schedule process (Gate system).
- Develop project management plan.
- Work with Owner’s Representative(s) to develop resource plan for staffing various project positions and identify resources to staff all project positions.
- Develop project staffing and de-staffing profiles.
- Work with project team to develop project work plans and schedules.
- Prepare and maintain action plans and follow-ups.
- Review production trends and recommend improvements.
- Assist project team with effectively applying methodology and enforcing project standards, staying current with regulations, industry standards, and other applicable technologies. Assist project team to confirm project documents are complete, current, and stored per project document control plan. Work with the project team to transfer project documentation to Owner’s Representative. Work with project team to develop de-staffing and demobilization plans based on project schedules and plans.
- Review and give feedback on construction contractor’s safety and quality control plans, and construction contractor’s constructability plans.
- Prepare weekly/monthly project progress, expenditure reports, and initiate corrective actions.
- Work with Owner’s Representative and site to obtain support for various activities involving land usage, storage sites, temporary office and work spaces, right-of-way in and around the facility, etc.
- Monitor construction contractor performance and provide timely/routine feedback.
- Arrange and facilitate routine project team progress meetings.
- Provide routine project updates and forecasts on safety, cost, and schedule to project management team executives.
- Review, track, and progress change orders based on project’s change order process.
- Determine the need for any additional SMEs to assist the project team as required.
- Work with Owner’s Representative to develop start-up plans and to review and progress punch-lists, and Perform a final project walk-through with the Owner’s Representative.
- Follow the project’s handover and close-out procedures at the end of the project.
- Confirm contracts and vendor payments are completed.
Job Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Degree Engineer (Mechanical or Chemical, but may consider Civil if possess strong plant experience and exposure to liquids handling as part of experience.
- Experience and able to perform basic high-level hydraulics, roughly size pumps, piping, (adequate knowledge of piping specifications –ANSI B31.3) and/or heating systems would be a bonus. Extended knowledge of piping, valves, tanks.
- 5+ years of related industry experience.
- Experience in the industry of bulk liquids handling and/or manufacturing/processing.
- Develop PFD’s and P&ID’s – basic conceptual design development. Proficient in reading mechanical drawings, blueprints, isometrics, P&IDs.
- Able to discern from a technical standpoint
- Extended knowledge of various construction techniques and best practices.
- Ability to understand field changes and red-line drawings.
- Ability to adapt and manage multiple priorities.
- Proven ability to effectively coordinate various mechanical, operations, technical, and contract resources according to schedule and plan.
- Ability to perform basic conceptualization of a project at a fundamental design level, further develop it, and when approved, project engineer/project manage execution with engineering firms and construction contractors.
- Field experience with reasonable exposure to construction, handling construction issues and dealing with contractors, etc.
- Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledgeable of petrochemical industry MOC's.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Terminal Experience a plus.
- Degree or certification in Project Management a plus.
CDI Corporation is an EEO/An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer.