CDI Engineering Solutions is seeking a Project Engineer to work at our team site in St. Rose, LA. Successful candidate will plan, direct, organize, and execute activities of designated projects to ensure that goals and objectives of the projects are accomplished within a prescribed timeframe and funding parameters performing the following duties.
Job Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Provide project leadership under the direct supervision of a Project Director.
- Assist Project Manager or Director in the development of the Project Procedure Manual.
- Report on status of project in the assigned work to Project Director.
- Coordinate with Project Controls for the project schedule and budget for appropriate element of projects.
- Determine staffing requirements for the project and directs design team personnel.
- Document issues related to contract.
- Establish a cost-effective environment.
- Assist in requirements review.
- Assure that adequate Project Controls for share of the project are functioning.
- Establish and define assigned project organization.
- Assist in the development of a Project Execution Plan.
- Ensure that the Project Execution Plan is followed during the life of the project.
- Responsible for effective scope definition and change management.
- Interface with the client and work toward providing customer satisfaction with designated project results.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Capability to plan, organize and run small projects up to $10MM TIC.
- Engineering knowledge across multiple disciplines with emphasis on discipline interfaces and information flow.
- Knowledge of material management processes across all accounts and all phases of the project life cycle.
- Reasonable knowledge of construction and site issues.
- Ability to work as a site engineering manager.
- Ability to analyze project control documents with knowledge across a spectrum of projects.
- Understanding of CDI profitability on projects and contractual terms and directing work to make an impact on CDI profitability.
- Leadership of technical effort to support presentations and proposals.
- Understanding of tools, programs and methods used by engineering, procurement and project controls.
- Ability to work with engineering manager to develop work-sharing matrix.
- Prior demonstrated leadership capability on projects.
- Excellent communication skills with task force, with client, and with CDI management, as well as problem solving and decision making skills.
- Exhibits interest in people and works to increase their professional development.
- Proven track record of good client relations.
- Experience in industry of bulk liquids handling and/or manufacturing/processing.
- 5+ years related industry experience.
- Degree Engineer (preferably Mechanical or Chemical Engineer, may consider Civil if possess strong plant experience and exposure to liquids handling as part of experience).
- Experience and able to perform basic high-level hydraulics, roughly size pumps, piping, (adequate knowledge of piping specifications –ANSI B31.3) and/or heating systems would be a bonus.
- Handle and develop PFD’s and P&ID’s – basic conceptual design development.
- Discern from a technical standpoint.
- Perform basic conceptualization of a project at a fundamental design level, further develop it, and f/when approved, project engineer/project manage execution with engineering firms and construction contractors.
- Field experience with reasonable exposure to construction, handling construction issues and dealing with contractors, etc.
- Terminal experience a plus.
CDI Corporation is an EEO/An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer.