CDI Corporation is seeking to hire a Project Engineer to join our client site and team in Deer Park, TX. The Project Engineer will plan, execute and control small to mid size capital projects. The project Engineer manages a wide variety of projects. Typical portfolio size ranges from 6-8 projects depending on size and complexity with TIC range of around $20mln-$40mln. NOTE: This can vary depending on year and project details.
Direct position with CDI CORP offering competitive pay, benefits, 401k, flex work schedule and more! Duration of assignment is open ended. Seeking local talent.
Additional details include but are not limited to:
- Engineering degree preferably in Mechanical/Civil/Electrical/Chemical.
- 5+ years of recent Project Engineering experience in downstream capital and expense project in the petrochemical or refining industries.
- Project Engineer must have experience managing small capital in-plant projects.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team of varied engineering and design disciplines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- In-depth understanding of the interdependence and relationship between various disciplines required.
- Advanced knowledge of engineering technology, codes, standards, etc.
- PMP is a plus, but not required
- TWIC required
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Primarily responsible for execution of Downstream Capital (and Expense) Projects from front end development (Identify, Assess, Select, & Define phases) to detailed design and construction (Execute phase) including procurement, cost control and schedule management.
- Accountable for delivering projects safely.
- Manages 6 to 8 simultaneous projects with competing priorities in various execution phases on a wide variety of manufacturing processes in the refining and/or chemical complex.
- Develops project scopes in collaboration with operations, process engineering and discipline representatives.
- Accountable for ensuring the proper technical authority approves the design including the appropriate technical authority of equipment specification and drawings.
- Oversees engineering execution utilizing either on-site design staff or local Engineering companies.
- Responsible for coordination with Customer's P&T regarding Project Assurance and Technical Assurance activities (where applicable).
- Works with Project Controls department to develop project cost estimates and schedules for each phase and for final funding.
- Accountable for meeting project cost and schedule requirements and providing accurate forecasting.
- Works with site and procurement to develop/implement a procurement strategy for each project.
- Works with environmental to ensure permitting strategy/compliance.
- Assists with development of equipment and material bid specification, bid evaluation and selection.
- Works with IPA (external auditors) to review and score projects against the specified criteria at multiple phases depending on the size/complexity of the project.
- Accountable for working with construction and ensuring proper construction management plan in place.
- Coordinates personnel and Contractors to assure that field activities are completed safely, on time, within budget and in accordance with the design requirements.
- Sets the expectations for construction contractors by spending time in the field.
- Assists with mechanical start-up plans and procedures, provides technical support during start-up, supports training activities and assures documentation and knowledge transfer.
- Provides appropriate files to maintenance and operations for record keeping.
- Creates or assembles all documents for project closure.
- Works with Project Controls department to close project financial accounts.
CDI Corporation is an EEO/An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer.