CDI Engineering Solutions is seeking a Project Engineer to work at our Team Site in Deer Park, TX. Duration: 2-year assignment.
Job Summary: The Project Engineer will plan, execute and control capital and expense projects at the Team Site in either the Refinery or the Chemical Plant. The Project Engineer manages a wide variety of projects for the Deer Park Site. Typical portfolio size ranges from 8-12 projects depending on size and complexity with TIC range of around $1mln-$5mln. NOTE: This can vary depending on year and project details.
Job Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Has the primary responsibility for execution of Downstream Capital (and Expense) Projects from front end development (Identify, Assess, Select, & Define phases) to detailed design and construction (Execute phase) including procurement, cost control and schedule management.
- Accountable for delivering projects safely.
- Manages 8-12 simultaneous projects with competing priorities in various execution phases on a wide variety of manufacturing processes in the refining and/or chemical complex.
- Develops project scopes in collaboration with operations, process engineering and discipline representatives.
- Accountable for ensuring the proper technical authority approves the design including the appropriate technical authority of equipment specification and drawings.
- Oversees engineering execution utilizing either on-site design staff or local Engineering companies.
- Responsible for coordination with Client's P&T regarding Project Assurance and Technical Assurance activities (where applicable).
- Works with Project Controls department to develop project cost estimates and schedules for each phase and for final funding.
- Accountable for meeting project cost and schedule requirements and providing accurate forecasting.
- Works with site and procurement to develop/implement a procurement strategy for each project.
- Assists with development of equipment and material bid specification, bid evaluation and selection.
- Works with IPA (external auditors) to review and score projects against the specified criteria at multiple phases depending on the size/complexity of the project.
- Accountable for working with construction and ensuring proper construction management plan in place.
- Coordinates personnel and Contractors to assure that field activities are completed safely, on time, within budget and in accordance with the design requirements.
- Sets the expectations for construction contractors by spending time in the field.
- Assist with mechanical start-up plans and procedures, provides technical support during start-up, supports training activities and assures documentation and knowledge transfer.
- Provides appropriate files to maintenance and operations for record keeping.
- Creates or assembles all documents for project closure.
- Works with project Controls department to close project financial accounts.
Job Qualifications, Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering
- 10+ years of experience in Refinery and/or Petrochemical Plant Engineering with a practical working knowledge of refinery processes, process equipment, DEPS, and general project procedures is required.
- 10+ yrs of Project Engineering experience is required.
- A practical working knowledge of refinery processes, process equipment, DEPS, and general project procedures is required.
- Background working on Capital Projects in a Manufacturing environment.
- TWIC, or able to obtain
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
CDI Engineering Solutions is an EEO/An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer.