Cost Analyst needed to join site team in Port Neches, TX. Long term in plant assignment with benefits, pto and more!
Additional details include but are not limited to:
The Specialist will report to the Turnaround Team Leader and will support low, medium, and high complexity turnarounds and maintenance outages. The successful candidate will have previous multi-discipline estimating experience, project management scheduling experience, field construction experience, and a track record of performance delivery utilizing standard project management software.
- Assist the estimating team in delivering the estimating function for the PNO turnaround and maintenance events.
- Perform estimate assurance for Event Team Leads to develop Strategy Phase 30%, Scoping Phase 20%, and Planning Phase 10% estimates for turnarounds and maintenance outages; identify gaps and risk areas in cost estimates.
- Provide rough order of magnitude estimates to evaluate various conceptual alternates and support economic evaluations for low, medium, and high complexity events.
- Provide estimating consultancy to turnaround event teams and guide them to obtain high quality estimates from their contractors
- Assist the Area Reliability Managers in the development of the Planning Phase 10% estimates for large maintenance outage events.
- Collaborate with site Turnaround Event Leaders, Capital Project Managers, and Maintenance Managers for all phases of turnaround and maintenance events.
- Participate in development of project estimate plans, constructability and material take- off reviews for all projects.
- Inventory and assess the project controls estimating knowledge area procedures, guidelines, templates, forms and tools, ensuring alignment with corporate policies and procedures. Work with the T&I Team Leader to periodically improve the collection through elimination, enhancement and creation of procedural components.
- Support benchmarking studies to compare estimates to internal and external metrics, including the interpretation of results.
- Enhance historical cost databases by assisting with the implementation, collection, data storage, and publishing of project metrics.
- Perform job walks as necessary to support estimate development.
- Assist TI personnel in developing, creating, and optimizing turnaround schedules.
- Maintain project cost codes in adherence with established standard cost code structures to facilitate proper tracking of project expenses
- Integrate cost and schedule data and reporting to facilitate meeting site and business unit performance and financial goals.
- Analyze and assist in the development and maintenance of turnaround and major maintenance outage budgets, budget and contract change orders, and event forecasts to ensure accuracy and conformance to established project requirements.
- Collect critical job performance data and track against budgeted metrics to enable early discovery of potential event deviations.
- Develop and maintain Cost Summary and Key Performance Indicators reports to distribute to Event and Site Leadership.
- Prefer Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or Industrial Technology is preferred
- 5+ years of experience as Cost Analysis.
- Required advanced skills and knowledge of 1) Cost estimating software, 2) Project management and scheduling software, 3) Proficiency in MS office products, primarily Excel, Word; Proficiency in MS Access is preferred
CDI Corporation is an EEO/An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer