Company: CDI Engineering Solutions
Position: Process Engineer
Location: Charleston, WV
Start Date: February, 2021
*** Contract Position - 1 Year
SUMMARY: Supports plant operations with chemical engineering expertise. Contribute to plant and process design and implementation, and support production teams to work safely to achieve targets in the areas of production, costs, and quality product.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Independently support PGA production plant with chemical engineering expertise.
• Provide chemical engineering input into design changes including process safety and process control.
• Develop and update Operating Procedures and training materials, and lead training.
• Contribute to solving of complex problems related to process, mechanical, control systems, equipment integrity and other disciplines.
• Monitor product and process performance; set-up and/or participate in executing systems to track performance and prioritize improvement opportunities.
• Participate in incident investigations and cause analysis (Quality, Reliability, Production, Safety and Environmental) and implement action items to prevent recurrence.
• Participate in PHAs, (Process Hazard Analysis), MOCs (Management of Change) and PSSRs (pre-start-up safety reviews).
• Develop and implement process "best practices", standards/policies, productivity improvements and work processes for operations that address safety, quality, efficiency and reliability.
• Provide process engineering support for projects including develop basic data, conduct PHA or MOC review, and design oversight.
• Work with operators and mechanics to develop Job Hazard Analyses and implement appropriate mitigation for hazards identified.
• Communication with technical staff on technical issues (reporting, proposing, discussing etc.)
• Participate in SHE/PSM audits and lead in resolving corrective actions assigned from those audits
• CDI Engineering Solutions is an EEO/An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer.
• All employees are expected to act with integrity and in an honest and ethical manner.