Gryphon / CDI Government is the trusted premier provider of information technology(IT), naval engineering, architecture, ship design and other professional services to the Department of Defense. Since 1950 we have delivered state of the art solutions to critical DoD programs nationwide.
- CDI Corporation is an EEO/An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer.
- Work under the supervision of Principal Naval Architect, Engineers & Project Managers to perform concept, preliminary, contract and detailed design and engineering support.
- Understand engineering/design specifications and engineering principles and methods, to perform naval engineering analysis and resolve design problems and trade-offs for conceptual design.
- Provide engineering calculation and technical solutions for ship systems.
- Perform research, development, regulation adherence, material conditions surveying and light industrial activities.
- Maintain superior customer relations and communications.
- Strive to maintain quality products, within schedule and cost.
- General knowledge of ship and boat design and marine systems.
- Research and implement design and installation rules for ABS, Mil Spec, ABYC and other commercial standards.
- Collect and analyze technical data for design or feasibility studies.
- Evaluate performance and life-cycle operational requirements and develops engineering design to meet customer requirements.
- Prepare arrangements and specifications; review design proposals and drawings; and assure that specifications meet performance requirements.
- Provide naval architecture/engineering to the development of technical specifications, requisition and bid documents, inspection and testing requirements, etc.
- Effectively use Computer Aided Design principles, both 2-D and 3-D and Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, Access and Power Point.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in an open communicative environment, and be able to adapt to changing design requirements rapidly.
- Prepare engineering sketches to help designers and drafters to complete engineering drawings.
- Assist with formal technical reports summarizing analyses, calculations and engineering studies.
MINIMUM SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Accredited degree in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering or similar degree from a four-year university, and accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
- Desirable to have experience using naval architecture design tools and computer software. Examples are GHS, Rhino, NavCAD. On-site training provided.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Project.
- A basic understanding and use of AutoCAD is needed, as well as knowing basic drafting and drawing development standards.
- Applicants will be subject to a security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain a security clearance issued by the US Government.
- Requires U.S Citizenship with ability to obtain a security clearance issued by the US Government. In addition to the security clearance, this position may require an additional background screening for base access.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- CARRYING and LIFTING. Ability to transport and lift objects up to 30 lbs.
- Employee may access remote areas of multi-level vessels
- Must comply with Company’s Driver Safety Policy if assigned to operate company and/or rental vehicles