Join a team with EXCELLENCE, LOYALTY and INTEGRITY!
CDI Corporation (CDI) is a $600 million privately held company founded in 1950. We deliver engineering services to blue-chip clients with operations in markets around the world.
CDI Marine Company is a division of CDI Government Services and a leader in providing our clients with high quality, cost effective engineering, design and logistics services in the marine industry. For additional opportunities please visit us at www.cdicareercenter.com
• CDI Marine Company was awarded the Virginia Values Veterans (V3) Governor’s Award in 2016.
• Forbes.com named CDI as one of the Most Trustworthy Companies in the United States in 2012.
• CDI Corporation is an EEO/An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer
- Perform engine and drive system alignments.
- Remove/reinstall engines and drive systems from small boats.
- Troubleshoot engine problems and recommend appropriate actions.
- Maintain/overhaul hydraulic systems.
- Validate dimensions on drawings, determines appropriate materials, and best removal and installation route during a ship check.
- Assemble components based on installation drawings, material provided, and ship check notes.
- Use various hand tools, torque wrench, drill press, welding machine, air compressor, generator, chain hoist, sandblaster, paint gun, grinder, band saw, forklift and other equipment to fabricate/install.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and instructions.
- Support electrical and mechanical disciplines.
- Operate power tools.
- Identify tools and materials per task and request materials as needed.
- Assist in jobsite set-up, maintenance, restoration and securing.
- Knowledgeable and trained in safe work practices.
- Prepare and cleanup work area.
- Possess and maintain an active security clearance.
- Possess and maintain valid driver’s license and meet the company’s policy on ability to drive company vehicles.
- Perform first pass QA of mechanical installs to include but not confined to hoses, wiring harnesses, sensors, mounting bolts, fluids, torques, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
**Team Lead Responsibilities:
- Direct and guide the team based on management direction in such a way that the assigned task is accomplished in the given time frame.
- Work with managers, vendors, and customers to obtain necessary resources to support the team's requirements, and coordinate with internal and external customers as necessary.
- Interact with project manager and customer to inform task accomplishments, issues and status.
- Familiarize the team with the customer needs, specifications, the development process, techniques and tools to support task performance.
- Assure that the team addresses all relevant issues within the specifications and various standards.
- Ensure deliverables are prepared to satisfy the project requirements, cost and schedule.
- Ability to project to the team what is expected of them in order to help keep the team focused and on track.
- Ensure the team is contributing and collaborating well with each other.
- Provide status reports of team activities against the program plan or schedule.
- Serve as a focal point to communicate and resolve interface and integration issues with other teams.
- Possess good communication skills and be able to solve problems with the help of the team and willing to participate and act on the decisions.
- Lead by setting a good example (behavior consistent with words), motivate and inspire team, coach and help develop team members, responsible, dependable and recognize and acknowledge the contribution of team members.
**If appointed as a Team Lead for project.