CDI Engineering Solutions is seeking an Instrument and Electrical (I&E) Test Procedure to work at our Team Site in Port Neches, TX!
Job Summary: This role is critical in the success of providing accurate, clear and concise test procedures for I&E equipment used in instrumented independent protection layers (IPLs). Test procedures are denoted as Client's I&E Mechanical Integrity Procedures (MIPs) at the Client facility.
Candidate will communicate with various levels of the organization mainly the Safety Instrumented System (SIS) Team, Process Safety Management Team, Area Process Control Engineers, I&E Maintenance and Project Engineering staff to provide test procedures. The Clients' Operations Plant requires test procedures for approximately 1000 PSM critical instrumented lPLs installed within 17 operating units.
Instrumented lPLs include are functions that achieve functional safety in regards to hazardous event including: SIS, distributive control system (DCS) loops, local control loops and emergency shutdowns and alarms.
Job Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
Strong instrument background within industrial facilities in order to generate test procedures. Experience with PLC configuration so that one understands PLC logic in a manner to generate test procedures.
- Familiarity with chemical plant distributive control system (DCS) so that test procedures are generated. Communicate with process control engineers in regards with testing complex control loops.
- Generate I&E testing procedures for instrumented lPLs from information provided in logic narratives, ladder logic, function blocks, cause and effect diagrams, P&IDs and I&E drawings
- Check test procedures for accuracy when provided in bulk from engineering support on large projects.
- Update test procedures as required for management of change (MOC) projects to maintain operating units
- Good knowledge of how instrumented IPLs are applied to process hazard scenarios. Awareness of importance of instrumented systems used in independent protection layers (IPLs).
- Understand SIS and instrument and electrical design (I&E) documents to use in creating or modifying test procedures.
- Participates in the Process Safety Engineering Team to effectively manage the Facility's SIS safety life cycle phases in regards to functional testing.
- Good computer skills proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Good communication skills.
- Follows instructions, performing duties and assignments.
- Assists other employees in accomplishment of Client's company goals.
- Participates in Environmental, Health and Safety initiatives as set forth by the company.
Job Qualifications, Skills & Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years of design experience with industry.
- I&E, IPLs, and DCS experience.
- Strong instrument background within industrial facilities
- Experience with PLC configuration so that one understands PLC logic in a manner to generate test procedures.
- Familiarity with chemical plant distributive control system (DCS) so that test procedures rare generated. Communicate with process control engineers in regards with testing complex control loops.
- Good knowledge of how instrumented IPLs are applied to process hazard scenarios.
- Communication and Organizational skills.
- TWIC required or able to obtain.
Software experience required:
- Microsoft Excel and Word
In compliance with federal law, all person hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
CDI Corporation is an EEO/An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer.