CDI Corporation is seeking an Instrument Engineer to work at our client site in Port Neches, TX. This is a full-time, benefited, long-term position.
Job Summary: The Instrument Engineer is responsible for providing instrument and electrical engineering expertise to an assigned area of the site. This position will:
- Assure proper design, change management, installation and repair of instrument and electrical equipment according to regulatory and client standards, will be the focal point for all changes involving instrumentation and control valves.
- Work closely with engineering, maintenance, and operations to understand needs and requirements and to provide a design and installation package.
- Be responsible for Management of Change (MOC) for the assigned area, turnaround scope development, and initiating change requests during turnarounds for impacts to instruments and valves.
Job Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Owns and drives the Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) program for the site.
- Facilitates RCM Asset Management Plan (AMP) development and stewards the implementation of the plan requirements.
- Maintain/update the sites Asset Management Plans based on equipment failures, process changes and Preventative Maintenance (PM) data.
- Provide PM development primarily through the RCM AMP process.
- Gatekeeper for new or modified PM's through the PM request and approval flow.
- Steward, audit, and improve I/E PM programs to ensure the health and effectiveness of the systems.
- Provide risk-based prioritization support for T&I (turnaround) work scope development.
- Responsible for the investigation and follow-up documentation of high impact or high potential impact incidents.
- Works with operating and maintenance engineers to make recommendations to improve long term equipment operability, reliability, energy efficiency, and maintenance expense.
- Help develop and implement the site’s bad actor program. Identify the site’s bad actors based on a predefined combination of production loss and failure frequency. Drive the organization to find true root cause and effective mitigations to systematically eliminate bad actors.
- Provide guidance on life cycle cost and alternative selection for maintenance or capital projects with options or multiple solutions.
- Provide capital investment and expense project ideas based on reliability analysis and feedback from operations and other site personnel.
- Provide early input on project maintainability and reliability considerations to ensure major scope is not missed during project development.
- Facilitate detailed RCM and AMP development for late-stage projects to ensure projects are designed for maintainability and reliability. Set up PM's and spare parts. Provide guidance on instrumentation, life cycle cost of maintenance, additional capital requirements to allow maintenance, etc.
- Provide support as a facilitator for problem analysis, risk assessment, root cause analysis, etc. for very critical equipment failures where the failure root cause is not well understood or there are multiple options for resolution without a clear leading option.
- Essential functions require presence in the workplace on a regular basis and an ability to work extra hours if needed. If applicable, ability to work overtime may be needed to ensure required staffing capacity to meet daily production objectives.
- Work collaboratively with team members with different backgrounds and perspectives.
- Assists other employees in accomplishments of client company goals. Follows instructions and performs other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Participates in Environmental, Health, & Safety initiatives as set forth by the company. Participates in and completes company-required training programs.
Job Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Must have a level of proficiency with Internet, Email, and Microsoft programs
- Knowledge of control systems including control valves, transmitters, pneumatic and electronic instrumentation, PLC/DCS, etc.
- Basic understanding of engineering, purchasing, accounting and construction practices and maintenance workflows
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Willing and able to learn on the job
- Knowledge of risk-based work prioritization methodology
- Knowledge of economic evaluation methods (Life-Cycle Cost Analysis, NPV, Benefit/Cost)
- Knowledge in Reliability Centered Maintenance or some form of Asset Management Plan Development is desired
- Software: Microsoft Office, SAP
- TWIC, must have or be able to obtain TWIC card, required by law
- BS Electrical Engineering AND 5 years I&E Maintenance or Reliability experience required
CDI Corporation is an EEO/An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer