CDI Engineering Solutions is seeking an Engineering Manager to work at our client site in St Gabriel, LA. This is a full-time, benefited, long-term opportunity.
Job Summary: The Manager of Engineering is responsible for planning, organizing, assigning and directing engineering and design resources and provides direction to Discipline Engineering Managers and support to Project Managers to ensure projects’ defined goals and objectives are accomplished within the prescribed timeframe and funding parameters. Duties shall include the administration of the Engineering and Design Department Managers, the review and interpretation of client RFPs, support and development of discipline man-hour estimates and staffing plans, the development and application of work processes designed to ensure the quality of deliverables, the professional development of discipline personnel, and the administration of the disciplines’ salary structure.
Job Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Provide technical engineering / design leadership.
- Encourage the identification and development of technically sound and economically feasible alternative solutions to Client problems.
- Ensure that company requirements for the quality of processes and products are satisfied as part of all daily task assignments. Develop and maintain an expectation of quality as an essential element of project success.
- Solicit independent feedback on Engineering Discipline Manager's, Engineer’s and Designer’s work products. Develop and implement corrective actions where appropriate.
- Lead or assist in the development of discipline-specific processes, procedures and practices to enhance CDI’s execution of project activities and deliverables. Implement these tools, pending their approval by Management.
- Ensure that project-assigned discipline personnel support field assignments as required to meet project objectives.
- Support the preparation of business proposals for future work, through personal assistance or by the assignment of qualified discipline personnel.
- Support the development of Project Procedure Manuals and Project Execution Plans.
- Support the development of Risk Mitigation and Margin Enhancement Plans.
- Ensure compliance with all CDI Engineering Solutions’ operating guidelines and standards.
- Advanced knowledge of engineering technology, codes, standards, etc.
Job Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Bachelor's of Science in Engineering
- Minimum 10-years of relevant experience in petro-chemical, refinery or manufacturing.
- Minimum 5-years in a supervisory or management role.
- PE and/or PMP Certification, a plus but not required.
- In-depth understanding of the interdependence and relationship between various Project Management, Engineering and Design disciplines is required.
- Assign personnel and / or training resources as necessary to complete engineering and project assignments. Recruit additional personnel as required to support the business plan.
- Establish the disciplines’ organization, roles and responsibilities.
- Emphasize customer satisfaction and overall project results as the true measure of success on project assignments. Develop and communicate an expectation for inter-disciplinary cooperation and support in the execution of projects.
- Review personnel regularly to assess the progress of development and to establish training requirements.
- Support Operation’s business development activities and participate in sales presentations as necessary.
- Coach and mentor Engineering Discipline Managers and other engineering and design personnel in the use of CDI procedures, guidelines and policies.
- Have a working knowledge and understanding of the principles of project cost control. Ensure that all discipline personnel assigned to positions of responsibility on individual projects have a similar level of understanding. Perform periodic audits of discipline-specific project cost control efforts, and implement corrective actions as required.
- Develop, maintain and apply standards for quick, discipline-specific budget estimates.
- Develop self and direct reports for the purpose of succession planning.
CDI Corporation is an EEO/An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer.