Join a team with EXCELLENCE, LOYALTY and INTEGRITY!
CDI Corporation (CDI) is a $600 million privately held company founded in 1950. We deliver engineering services to blue-chip clients with operations in markets around the world
CDI Marine Company is a division of CDI Government Services and a leader in providing our clients with high quality, cost effective engineering, design and logistics services in the marine industry. For additional opportunities please visit us at www.cdicareercenter.com
• CDI Marine Company was awarded the Virginia Values Veterans (V3) Governor’s Award in 2016.
• Forbes.com named CDI as one of the Most Trustworthy Companies in the United States in 2012.
• CDI Corporation is an EEO/An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer
- CDI Marine is looking for a Diesel Engine Inspector (DEI) to work on the US Navy Coastal Riverine Craft.
- Conducting diesel engine inspections every 18-24 months on CRF patrol boats having diesel engines with 500 horsepower or greater.
- Provide technical assistance with diesel engines, repairs, troubleshooting and material assessment of CRF patrol boat engines in accordance with OEM specifications.
- Maintaining a diesel engine inspection schedule. Tracking inspection results and reporting results to CRG-1, CRG-2 and CRS Maintenance Officer
- Hamilton Waterjet Model HM651:
- -Hamilton Jet Marine Propulsion Units Product Manual
- Twin Disc Marine Gear Transmission:
- -Twin Disc MG5075SC Service and Installation Manual
- MTU Diesel Engine or Detroit Diesel Engine:
- -MTU 16V2000 M94 Diesel Engine Technical Manual
- Westerbeke 33KW EDE D-NET Generator:
- - Westerbeke 33KW EDE D-NET generators
MINIMUM SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Per OPNAV Instruction 9220.3 ""Propulsion and Auxiliary Plant Inspection and Inspector Certification Program"" paragraph 6, pages 4-6 all inspector candidates (military personnel, civil service personnel and civilian contractors) must satisfactorily complete the required and pre-requisite course(s) listed below.
- Navy's Diesel Engine Inspector course listed in CeTARS CANTRAC Volume II, Course# A-652-0311
- Have a minimum of 10 years' experience of general marine propulsion or power generation experience in operations, maintenance, repair, or inspections. A bachelors or master's degree in mechanical or marine engineering may be substituted for 3 of the 5 years of experience.
- A minimum of 2 of the 5 years of experience will be in specialized marine propulsion or power generation maintenance, repair or inspection experience at the engineer, technician, planner, designer, foreman or quality assurance level concentrating on the specific application (i.e. gas turbines, diesel, and boilers).
- A written recommendation from the candidate's employer verifying the candidates experience level. The recommendation will be submitted through the chain of command to the appropriate program manager.
- Be physically capable of entering confined areas such as boiler steam and water drums, uptakes, stacks, engine enclosures and plenums.
- This position requires US citizenship and will be subject to a security investigation, must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain, and maintain a security clearance issued by the US Government. In addition to the security clearance, this position may require an additional background screening for base access.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- CARRYING and LIFTING. Ability to transport and lift up to 30 lbs.
- Employee may access remote areas of multi-level vessels
- Must comply with Company’s Driver Safety Policy if assigned to operate company and/or rental vehicles