Join a team with EXCELLENCE, LOYALTY and INTEGRITY!
CDI Corporation (CDI) is a $1 billion privately held company founded in 1950. We deliver engineering services to blue-chip clients with operations in markets around the world.
CDI Marine Company is a division of CDI Government Services and a leader in providing our clients with high quality, cost effective engineering, design and logistics services in the marine industry. For additional opportunities please visit us at www.cdicareercenter.com
• CDI Marine Company was awarded the Virginia Values Veterans (V3) Governor’s Award in 2016.
• Forbes.com named CDI as one of the Most Trustworthy Companies in the United States in 2012.
• CDI Corporation is an EEO/An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer
- CDI is seeking a Computer Systems Analyst Level II and III in Newport, RI for Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) Code 104 Undersea Warfare (USW).
- This position is contingent upon contract award and applicable to Cyber Security Work Force (CSWF) Master Level qualifications.
- Key Position
- Specialty Area Code 62 – Software Engineering / Development Journeyman
- The Computer Systems Analyst analyzes business or scientific problems for resolution through electronic data processing, gathers information from users, defines work problems, and, if feasible, designs a system of computer programs and procedures to resolve the problems. This Worker develops complete specifications or enables other Computer Programmers to prepare required programs and analyzes subject-matter operations to be automated; specifies number and types of records, files, and documents to be used and outputs to be produced; prepares work diagrams and data flow charts; coordinates tests of the system and participates in trial runs of new and revised systems; and recommends computer equipment changes to obtain more effective operations. The Computer Systems Analyst may also write the computer programs
- Installs, configures, troubleshoots, and maintains server and systems configurations (hardware and software) to ensure their confidentiality, integrity, and availability. Administers server-based systems, security devices, distributed applications, network storage, messaging, and performs systems monitoring. Consults on network, application, and customer service issues to support computer systems’ security and sustainability. Solve computer problems and apply computer technology to meet the individual needs of an organization. Define the goals of the system and divide the solutions into individual steps and separate procedures. Typical techniques are structured analysis, data modeling, information engineering, mathematical model building, sampling, and cost accounting. Specify the inputs to be accessed by the system, design the processing steps, and format the output to meet users’ needs. Prepare cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to help management decide whether implementing the proposed technology will be financially feasible. After system acceptance, determine what computer hardware and software will be needed to set the system up. Coordinate tests and observe the initial use of the system to ensure that it performs as planned. Prepare specifications, flow charts, and process diagrams for computer programmers to follow. Work with programmers to debug the system.
- Develop web based applications in Microsoft Windows and SharePoint environments using Microsoft Visual Studio.Net to provide Asp.Net and VB.Net solutions for review and approval by the Government.
- Develop requirements documentation for software solutions for review and approval by the Government.
- Provide input to software development plans for review and approval by the Government.
- Develop software functionality for approved DoD Information Technology Portfolio Repository – Department of the Navy (DITPR-DON) systems for review and approval by the Government. Upon Government approval, contractor shall integrate the software into production environment.
- Develop software programs for the bulk analysis of computer information.
- Provide systems engineering designs for all developed software.
- Develop customized functionality within the iET solutions Help Desk environment for review and approval by the Government.
- Assess change request impact on performance, reliability, maintainability, availability, logistics support, safety, and lifecycle cost.
- Develop system maintenance plans and support strategies for Government review and approval.
- Participate in stakeholder meetings to provide recommendations for establishing Concept of Operations (CONOPS), Requirement Reviews, Design Reviews, IA Assessment and Authorization reviews, Test & Evaluation, and Production Rollouts.
- Identify and define required data elements, data formats, and the connectivity needed between systems for review and approval by the Government.
- Design, normalize, develop, document, install, implement, test and validate, enhance, maintain, and optimize database objects.
- Document data models for portability of database tables based on customer requirements.
- Develop extraction, transformation, and loading code to accept data from various sources into data stores.
- Develop complex queries of databases and produce output in the form of reports or data extracts exportable to various formats.
- Develop test plans for software applications for Government review and approval.
- Conduct, monitor, and evaluate software testing in accordance with the test plan and the software requirements document.
- Conduct test and evaluation (T&E), and code reviews supporting all requirements in accordance with IA STIG requirements. T&E shall be conducted by an independent tester who did not code the application under test.
- Draft a post-test report for Government review and approval.
MINIMUM SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Education: Bachelor’s level degree in Electrical/Electronic/Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems OR CNSSI or NTSSI 4015 or 4016
- Experience: 3 – 5 years professional experience in Software Engineering and Development
- Certifications: CSSLP or ECSP or SECURE C++
- Must speak fluent English and possess good grammatical skills and a broad vocabulary. A degree of creativity and initiative are expected at both the grammatical and document level.
- Must haveExpert Knowledge in ONE or MORE of the following:
- iET Help desk Software Programming OR
- Oracle Database Software Development OR
- Oracle Database AND Perl AND ExtIS Software Development AND Perl OR
- VB.NET AND Share Point Software Development OR
- Share Point Software Development OR
- Microsoft Access Software Development
- Excellent and effective written & verbal communication skills.
Team Player with strong interpersonal skills
NEC 1316 (CIN: A-113-0282 or A-113-0383), or NEC 1319 (CIN: A-113-0202/Rev A), or NEC 1346 (CIN: A-113-0381), or NEC 1347 (CIN: A-113-0342 or A-113-0414), or NEC 1355 (CIN: S-121-0005), or NEC 1365 (CIN: S-121-0574), or NEC 1375 (CIN: A-121-0200), or NEC 1385 (CIN: A-150-4219), or NEC 1386 (CIN: A-150-9020), or NEC 2791 (CIN: A-150-1980 or K-150-2115) or 2710 (CIN: A-150-0045) or 2765 (CIN: A-150-3500) or 2766 (CIN: A-150-3400) or 9225 (CIN: A-102-5888) or 9229 (CIN: A-102-5599 (SNOOP) or CIN: A-102-0116 (ISCRS)) or 9298 (W-102-5890) or 1678 (CIN: A-150-2300) or 3371, CYBR1005, NETW4001
ON THE JOB TRAINING:
- With privileged access- NAVEDTRA 43469 , or NAVEDTRA 43551-3C, or NAVEDTRA 43356-C, or NAVEDTRA 43355-6, or NAVEDTRA 43359-B, or NAVEDTRA 43355-H, or NAVEDTRA 43355-1A, or NAVEDTRA 43340, or NAVEDTRA 43355-4, or NAVEDTRA 43355-2A, or NAVEDTRA 43348-B, or NAVEDTRA 43462-2, or NAVEDTRA 43359-B, or NAVEDTRA 43462-1C, or If IP O1-3, NAVEDTRA 43360-2, or If IP O4-5, NAVEDTRA 43360-3*.
- Applicant must have a current Secret clearance, will be subject to a security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements to maintain a security clearance issued by the US Government. In addition to the security clearance, this position may require an additional background screening for base access.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- CARRYING and LIFTING. Ability to transport and lift up to 30 lbs.
- Employee is required to access remote areas of multi-level vessels
- Must comply with Company’s Driver Safety Policy if assigned to operate company and/or rental vehicles