CDI Engineering Solutions is seeking a Civil / Structural Engineering Department Manager to work in our Engineering Center in Baton Rouge, LA. Successful candidate will be responsible for work force staffing, budgeting, quality control, standards development, and technical excellence within the department. Suggest, justifies and implements improvements and creative solutions for problems.
- Required: Professional Engineering (PE) License
- Preferred: 15 years, field experience, experience working in the refining/petrochemical industry(s) preferred, hydrocarbon storage and transportation. Experience as the lead engineer on medium and large multi-discipline projects.
Duties and Essential Functions:
- Oversee and supervise discipline engineering and design staff.
- Overall technical responsibility for all discipline design activities.
- Overall responsibility for discipline design QA/QC, including technical discipline audits as required.
- Coordinate design resource/staffing requirements with project teams, including participation in weekly staff meetings.
- Coordinate design activities to be executed outside of office with direct and contract personnel.
- Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, and hiring discipline design personnel.
- Responsible for interfacing with HR, and promptly addressing personnel issues - including disciplinary action and termination, required.
- Evaluate technical requirements on projects, and support proposal activities with internal engineering cost and AFE estimates.
- Review project scoping documents, including design basis and deliverable registry.
- Coordinate discipline design specific technical training and development, including mentoring and technical support.
- Coordinate development of discipline design specific tools, standards, templates, etc.
- Evaluate and approve 3rd party applications used by discipline designers.
- Conduct performance reviews on staff personnel.
- Approve time and expenses for discipline design personnel.
- Manage department billability and control non-billable expenses.
- Develop marketing materials specific to the Civil/Structural discipline.
- Participate in business development sales calls.
- Coordinate continuing improvement with other remote offices.
- Develop and execute employee development plans.
- Demonstrates a continuing consciousness of safety in daily activities and implemented in work designed.
- Required: BS in Civil Engineering (or higher) from ABET accredited Institution.
- Preferred: Master's degree or higher.
Software: RISA3D, STADD, SPColumn
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit; climb, balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision depth perception, and ability to focus. Employee must be able to climb ladders as typically found in petrochemical facilities.
Working Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may periodically be required to travel to client job-sites, usually involving heavy industrial (chemical) production facilities and access all areas of the facility. Therefore, the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; and the risk of electric shock. The noise level in work place can be loud to moderate depending on assignment. Respirator fit testing may be required.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
CDI Engineering Solutions is an EEO/An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer.