Company: L.R. Kimball, a division of CDI Engineering Solutions
Position: Bridge Engineer
Location: Charleston, WV
Start Date: December/January 2021
L.R. Kimball, a division of CDI Engineering Solutions, is seeking to hire a Project Manager level Bridge Engineer, with ability to manage a variety of bridge related projects for the West Virginia Division of Highways.
Engineer shall be professionally registered in WV (or able to obtain reciprocity) and have 8-10 plus years of experience designing and managing bridge rehabilitation and replacement projects with ample WVDOH experience. CBSI certification is a plus. Engineer will manage other engineers, designers and CADD staff as well as coordinate interdisciplinary responsibilities (highways, environmental, surveys, geotechnical) to execute projects. The position will be responsible for all aspects of the assigned project from its inception to its acceptance by the Client and assist in securing new work with the WVDOH.
Job Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Establish and maintain good Client working relations, be sensitive to their requirements and promote a “team” atmosphere between CDI and the Client. Organize, initiate and host meetings with the client.
- Ensure client requirements are understood, overall design is workable and in accordance with contract requirements. Be the principle contact for the Client for the flow of information in a timely manner. Properly handle Client provided information and other proprietary and confidential information.
- Plan and execute the work in accordance with the agreed schedule. Perform the work within or under the project budget.
- Promote an environment of teamwork to ensure adequate flow of information between the CDI project team and Client project team members.
- Ensure approved work procedures are in place. Oversee preparation of, approve, and distribute Project Execution Plan, Schedules, Cost Estimate, Labor and Material Budgets, Departmental Budgets, Staffing Plan, Project Specific Procedures for overall project.
- Review and approve purchase orders, change orders, subcontracts, and client invoices.
- Identify and if necessary, negotiate changes to initial scope of work which have cost and/or schedule impact.
- Communicate with CDI Manager of Projects to assure CDI Senior Management involvement as appropriate.
- Assist CDI Business Development efforts in the Charleston area generally within a 100 mile radius.
Job Qualifications & Skills:
- Experience with the design and management of design for bridge replacement and rehabilitation projects.
- Strong understanding of the WVDOH project development process, standard specifications and design manuals.
- Experience with structure design software including: LEAP, STAAD, OpenBridge, LEAP, Midas, MDX, spColumn, Microstation, Geopak.
- Ability to Manage/Prepare the production of calculations, plans, technical specifications and cost estimates for bridge, culvert, and wall designs.
- Ability to Manage/Prepare the production of technical reports, sketches and tables.
- Ability to Manger/Perform bridge safety inspections and prepare inspection reports.
- Proven working experience as a project manager, 5 to 10 years experience.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong: Microsoft Office, Network Navigation, Work Ethic, and Integrity Skills.
- Team Player, Adherence to Work Process.
- Attention to Detail.
- Ability to Work Overtime.
Education/Degree Requirements: BSCE, PE, Masters Degree or PMP certification is a plus.
Top 3 Requirements for Role:
1. Prior successful Project Manager experience with the West Virginia DOH with a strong understanding of the "highway and bridge project development process".
2. Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
3. Plan and execute the work in accordance with the agreed schedule and work processes. Perform the work within or under the project budgets.
CDI Engineering Solutions is an EEO/An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. All employees are expected to act with integrity and in an honest and ethical manner.