CDI Engineering Solutions is seeking a Senior Project Manager who will organize and coordinate mechanical, technical, and operation resources, materials, and activities according to project schedules and plans to achieve the project goals and objectives. This is a full-time, benefited position located in New Orleans, LA. The duration of this assignment is 2 years.
Job Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Become familiar with Client's project engineering standards, project controls, safety requirements, and reliability expectations and pre-project and post-project schedule process (Gate system).
- Develop project management plan.
- Work with Owner’s Representative(s) to develop resource plan for staffing various project positions and identify resources to staff all project positions.
- Develop project staffing and de-staffing profiles.
- Work with project team to develop project work plans and schedules.
- Prepare and maintain action plans and follow-ups.
- Review production trends and recommend improvements.
- Assist project team with effectively applying methodology and enforcing project standards.
- Assist project team with staying current with regulations, industry standards, and other applicable technologies.
- Review and give feedback on construction contractor’s safety and quality control plans.
- Review and give feedback on construction contractor’s constructability plans.
- Preparing weekly and monthly project progress and expenditure reports, and initiating corrective actions.
- Work with Owner’s Representative and site to obtain support for various activities involving land usage, storage sites, temporary office and work spaces, right-of-way in and around the facility, etc.
- Assist project team to confirm project documents are complete, current, and stored per project document control plan.
- Monitor construction contractor performance and provide timely/routine feedback.
- Arrange and facilitate routine project team progress meetings.
- Provide routine project updates and forecasts on safety, cost, and schedule to project management team executives.
- Review, track, and progress change orders based on project’s change order process.
- Determine the need for any additional SMEs to assist the project team as required.
- Work with Owner’s Representative to develop start-up plans and to review and progress punch-lists.
- Work with project team to develop de-staffing and demobilization plans based on project schedules and plans.
- Follow the project’s handover and close-out procedures at the end of the project.
- Work with the project team to transfer project documentation to Owner’s Representative.
- Confirm contracts and vendor payments are completed .
- Perform a final project walk-through with the Owner’s Representative.
Job Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering .
- 10+ years of experience in the petrochemical industry as a PM.
- Terminal Experience a plus.
- Degree or certification in Project Management a plus.
- Extended knowledge of piping, valves, tanks.
- Extended knowledge of various construction techniques and best practices.
- Proficient in reading mechanical drawings, blueprints, isometrics, P&IDs.
- Ability to understand field changes and red-line drawings.
- Ability to adapt and manage multiple priorities.
- Proven ability to effectively coordinate various mechanical, operations, technical, and contract resources according to schedule and plan.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledgeable of petrochemical industry MOC's.
CDI Corporation is an EEO/An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer.