Business Development Manger
CDI Engineering Solutions provides a full range of engineering and design services to enable our clients to adapt to rapidly changing needs by accelerating time to market, managing risk, and optimizing business results. Reporting to the applicable Industry Executive within the Energy, & Chemical sector. The Business Development Manager is responsible for generating new leads, supporting new business revenue activities, and delivering profitable results for the specified industry line (refining or chemicals). As the majority of the client sites are in the Houston region, the incumbent may be home based or office in the Houston engineering centers.
- Develops sales and execution plans in line with the needs of the clients and industry, and creates persuasive presentation to secure new business.
- As part of the Business Development team, delivers results that are at or above the sales forecast, including a focus on profitability
- Proactively develops and maintains sustaining client relationships that foster continued business opportunities; enables CDI to have relationships with key clients at all levels in the client organization.
- Works with other Business Development Executives to cross-sell, ensuring CDI is well positioned with the client base
- Demonstrates knowledge of services to existing/potential clients and assists them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
- Acts as the primary contact and is responsible for responding to requests for proposal, requests for information, and other project-related documentation.
- Coordinates sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service groups.
- Actively participates in the risk assessments for larger and/or lump sum projects.
- Maintains the sales forecast and opportunity tracking system on a timely basis.
- Actively researches for potential new clients and business opportunities; understands the operational capabilities of the EC&I organization so as to manage the expectations of clients in developing projects and business opportunities.
- Identifies and recommends additional growth areas for the industry line. Keeps abreast of, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, and promotional trends through various publications, as well as consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
- Actively manages proposals by attending pre-bids, organizing proposal team, and working the effort through to contract signature.
- Executes strategies to meet Company growth goals.
- Prefer 4 year degree in a related field with at least 5 years of experience in B2C business development in Chemicals and/or Refining industry(ies)
- Experience in developing and closing deals with a value of at least $10MM TIC with some knowledge of contract costing, project management and execution logistics
- Must have proven track record of generating their own sales opportunities, with current established network of contacts within the chemicals/refining market.
- Must be an effective communicator (verbally and in writing) and have the personality and ability to influence others in the face of rapid and aggressive competitive responses
- Must be familiar with contract negotiation, including working closely with a legal team.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast paced, change-resistant atmosphere
CDI Corporation is an EEO/An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer