Long term in plant assignment offering competitive pay, benefits and more!
The Sr. Electrical Engineer provides electrical engineering support to production, maintenance, project and technical departments/groups to maintain and improve (when feasible) the reliability of the electrical system, resolve repetitive electrical-related problems, manages plant electrical projects, and provides electrical technical assistance to project engineers as needed.
Job Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Five years of experience in a refinery, chemical or petrochemical plant with progressive electrical engineering responsibilities.
- Excellent Analytical problem solving skills.
- Solid background in low voltage, medium voltage and high voltage motor control, switchgear and electrical distribution system design, operation and maintenance.
- Min of a B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Working knowledge of the National Electrical Code and other electrical codes and standards such as NFPA and IEEE.
- Working knowledge of SKM Power Tools program to develop and maintain the model of the site electrical distribution systems as well as perform load flow, short circuit, and arc flash studies is preferred but not required.
Develop specifications and designs for new electrical power systems or modification of existing electrical power systems.
Initiate electrical system reliability projects to improve site electrical reliability. Submit major capital reliability projects for budget with proper justification.
Review electrical system coordination studies, and protective device settings to ensure that they are providing sufficient equipment protection and selectivity and that they are properly documented.
Review electrical system inspection/maintenance reports and initiate, or verify initiation of, corrective action to resolve problems discovered. Track resolution of outstanding issues to ensure they are completed in a timely manner.
Evaluate current preventative/predictive maintenance program to identify areas of improvement and implement changes as necessary.
Investigate electrical equipment failures as necessary to determine root cause and recommend appropriate solutions to reduce reoccurrence of, or eliminate (if possible) the cause of failure.
Provide technical assistance to the site for the electrical distribution system, electrical equipment, generators, rectifiers, plant radio system, etc.
Initiates and manages all aspects of electrical projects from creation to completion. This includes project scope development, budget estimation, equipment specification, bidding, purchasing, managing consulting firms and contractors working on the projects.
Work with the Project group to ensure all electrical designs are in compliance with clients Standards, the national and local codes, and accepted industry recommended practices such as the National Electric Code, NFPA, API, and IEEE.
Assist the maintenance group in developing the electrical system maintenance work scopes for major unit shutdowns.
Provide technical assistance in electrical safety issues.
Maintain technical expertise and keep abreast of electrical technology/design changes as they apply to potential plant equipment/production improvements.
Fully support Company goals of continuous improvement and operational excellence at strategic and tactical levels including reviewing area of responsibility for improvement opportunities to initiate projects or communicate ideas to management as well as active participation on projects teams.