CDI Corporation is seeking a dynamic individual to work as a PO T&I Project Manager to work at our customer site located in Port Neches, TX. This position will be the primary point of accountability for direction, coordination, planning, executive control, implementation and execution of the project. This position is responsible for ensuring the success of all capital and expense projects associated with the turnaround regarding safety, cost, resource availability and completion time as measured by key performance goals. This is a full-time, benefited position.
Job responsibilities & accountabilities:
- Work with Turnaround Event Team Leader, Turnaround Team, General Contractor and other diverse groups to ensure all phases of the turnaround life cycle are managed in compliance with both Turnaround Management Process (TMP) and Project Management best practices.
- Manage all aspects of planning, scheduling and execution of assigned capital and expense projects.
- Drive implementation of a best practice Cost Breakdown Structure. Monitor actual vs. budget.
- Drive implementation of a best practice Work Breakdown Structure.
- Monitor progress in all TMP phases vs. milestones. Develop project overview presentations for site and senior leadership.
- Act as the bridge to upper management by reporting regularly on the progress versus milestones, schedule and cost.
- Define and challenge critical path for opportunities to reduce duration and cost. Develop contingency plans to minimize risk and uncertainty
- Ensure construction resources for engineering and expense projects are deconflicted.
- Participate in and conduct scope and project reviews for assigned projects to identify issues/risks that could negatively impact cost and duration, and manage development of mitigation plans.
- Drive processes to manage scope change and discovery work.
- Implement project workflow utilizing both internal and external resources to allow efficient execution of all work assigned, inclusive of both capital and expense work.
- Meet all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) including safety and environmental compliance.
- The position reports directly to the Site Director and worlds directly with the Sr. Maintenance Manager, Turnaround Team Leader, Turnaround Team and General Contractor.
- Regular presence in the workplace is required including the ability to work extra hours if needed.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with team members with different backgrounds and perspectives.
- Follow instructions and perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Ability to ask penetrating questions in a diverse work environment while maintaining a collaborative work environment with team members.
Job qualifications & skills required:
- Proficient with scheduling software: Primavera P6 and SAP.
- Trained and experienced with a staged gate process.
- Extensive experience managing/directing Turnarounds and/or Projects. exceeding $75MM.
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
- Proven excellent writing/verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Proven strong planning and organizational skills.
- Proven analytical thinker with conceptual understanding and ability of applying experiences and knowledge to identify best solutions.
- Proven ability to solve complex problems and identifying appropriate resources.
- Proven ability to build relationships and lead teams from across all organizational lines.
- Knowledge and experience with sound engineering principles, practices and methods, environmental regulations, engineering project management methods, workplace safety, budgeting, employee supervision and personnel management.
CDI Corporation is an EEO/An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer.