CDI Corporation is seeking a Project Director to work at our client site. This is a full-time, benefits position.
SUMMARY: Project Director must have large project experience 200MM plus. Plans, directs, organizes, and executes activities of designated projects to ensure that goals and objectives of the projects are accomplished within a prescribed timeframe and funding parameters performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors assigned to the projects. Designated projects may be a single large project or a number of small projects being executed by individual Project Managers assigned to the Project Director.
Job Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Provides project leadership for all areas of project
- Responsible for overall project results for assigned clients and subordinates
- Lead the development of Procedure Manuals and assists other PM’s in development of Project Execution Plans and Procedure Manuals
- Prepare Business Plan for the project(s)
- Develops and follows Risk Mitigation and Margin Enhancement Plans
- Reports on status of assigned projects to Director of Project Execution
- Coordinates with Project Controls for the schedule and budget element of project
- Conducts requirements review for the project (space, computers, special needs, etc.)
- Determines staffing requirements for the assigned projects
- Reviews contract, prepare contract summaries and documents issues related to contract
- Lead the coordination effort on the project between design team members, client and creates an environment for success
- Authorizes project expenditures
- Assures that adequate Project Controls are in place and functioning
- Establishes and defines project organization
- Develops Project Execution Plan
- Ensures that the Project Execution Plan is followed during the life of the project
- Ensures contract documents are communicated to project team and staff
- Leads interfaces with the client regarding all project related issues
- Works toward providing customer satisfaction with project results
Job Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technical field from four-year college or university is required.
- 10 plus years of project management experience in the industrial engineering/construction industry. Project managers are expected to be able to drive projects all the way from idea and scoping through funding submittal, execution and closure.
- 20 years of engineering industry experience
- Experience running large projects $200MM plus
- Possesses total knowledge of engineering execution
- Excellent knowledge of material management processes across all accounts and all phases of the project life cycle
- Ability to manage the construction effort, handle functions and activities of project controls in terms of analyzing documents and work processes, and present cost estimates
- Ability to negotiate US and international based contracts and think strategically in terms of positioning CDI to make maximum profit
- Can design and negotiate incentives, as well as prepare/administer business plans and mitigate risk
- Ability to act as proposal manager for any size project, and understands commercial and international issues
- Show leadership with regard to automation, able to develop and administer project automation plan and to assess the relative merit of different tools
- Recognized in multiple offices and the field as a leader
- Able to motivate, inspire and direct large, diverse task forces at multiple locations
- Possess outstanding communication skills, and can work with both details and the big picture
- Outstanding organizational and planning skills; actively mentors and develops people at all levels
- SAP experience
CDI Corporation is an EEO/An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer.