- Gryphon / CDI Government is the trusted premier provider of information technology(IT), naval engineering, architecture, ship design and other professional services to the Department of Defense. Since 1950 we have delivered state of the art solutions to critical DoD programs nationwide.
- Gryphon/CDI Gov is an EEO/An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer.
- The Advanced Planner/Estimator will provide support for specification writing, ship checks, execution support, and assessments as well as production estimating related to various classes of U.S. Navy Ships utilizing the Naval Maintenance Database.
- Advance Planner/Estimator will prepare work specifications, interpret Emergent Maintenance (EM) priority of work specifications, and validate AWR/WNs (automated Work Requests / Work Notifications). Review automated work notifications (WN's) and authorized work requests, within defined objectives.
- Advance Planner/Estimator will conduct continuous ship checks, document the ship’s changed configuration, review Letters of Authorization for impacts to availability work packages, invoke Standard Items and compile estimates for all assigned AWR/WNs, and provide planning product development progress for Advance Planning Status Reports.
- Develop (prepare/write/revise), issue, and distribute assigned planning documents, procedures and Work Items/Specifications in accordance with all applicable instructions, directives, and procedures
- Conduct ship-checks as required
- Create 4E Work Specification Items IAW JFMM volume VII Chapter 4, Appendix E.
- Integrate, review, and validate planning process with primary parties on a weekly basis to ensure compliance
- Interpret Emergent Maintenance priority of Work Specifications
- Validate AWR/WNs
- Document the ship’s change configuration
- Review letters of Authorization for impact to availability work package.
- Prepare Advanced Planning Status Reports
- Conduct meetings to inform key personnel of planning updates
- Work closely with team to ensure all information is represented appropriately to produce an integrated planning schedule/package
MINIMUM SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience in work scope/identification, technical instructions and requirements, labor & material estimate/allowances, shop/trade skill requirements, technical sequence and material ordering.
- Experience in writing Work Specifications, preferably 4E.
- Possess the ability to read drawings, blueprints, standard items, and specifications of work items
- Familiar with working in a naval ship yard environment and be able to work aboard U.S. Navy Ships, climb ladders, work in tanks and confined spaces, and wear personal protective equipment
- Working knowledge of JFMM volume VII Chapter 4, Appendix E, Naval Maintenance Database, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to effectively communicate with other disciplines or groups and resolve planning conflicts
- Experience in writing Specifications in the Navy Maintenance Database (NMD) preferred
- Naval Shipyard experience in AIM will also be considered and is a plus if in conjunction with NMD.
- Applicant will be subject to a security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain a security clearance issued by the US Government. In addition to the security clearance, this position requires CAC and additional background screening for base access.
- Due to ITAR compliance, only U.S. Persons as defined by the ITAR regulations will be considered (ITAR- International Traffic in Arms Regulations).
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- CARRYING and LIFTING. Ability to transport and lift up to 30 lbs.
- Employee may access remote areas of multi-level vessels
- Must comply with Company’s Driver Safety Policy if assigned to operate company and/or rental vehicles