Full Time Project Assignment
Required: BS Diploma or equivalent
Preferred: BS in Engineering
Required: 10 years, field experience, experience working in the refining/petrochemical industry(s) preferred. 5 years of experience as a project manager or engineering manager on medium and large instrumentation projects.
Preferred: 15 years, field experience, experience working in the refining/petrochemical industry(s) preferred. 7 years of experience as a project manager or engineering manager on medium and large instrumentation projects.
Responsible for planning, directing, organizing and executing activities of designated projects to ensure that goals and objectives of the projects are accomplished within a prescribed timeframe and funding parameters performing the duties personally or through subordinate supervisors assigned to the projects. Suggest, justifies and implements improvements and creative solutions for problems. Individual is self-directing and self-motivated with minimal input from management. Individual is responsible for client satisfaction. Individual must act as a professional in all interactions with team personnel and clients.
Duties and Essential Functions:
- Demonstrates a continuing consciousness of safety in daily activities and implemented in work designed.
- Ensure a safe work environment and a safe design, per CDI and client guidelines
- Coordinate between client stakeholders and engineering design team on heavy instrument controls projects to drive consistency in design deliverables and format to meet client expectations
- Interpret, organize and execute assignments within the engineering design team
- Drive and maintain a culture of safety within the engineering design team utilizing the company and client programs
- Work closely with company and client scheduling group to maintain project schedules that are aligned with the established project execution strategy
- Assure timely closure of engineering action items
- Assist program manager in recording, publishing and follow up on actions items and decisions made at key project team meetings as assigned
- Identify and assess any project risk and take action to mitigate risk
- Responsible for effective scope definition and working with disciplines to identify and affect change management according to company and client management of change requirements/systems
- Support client management of change system
- Capable of planning, organizing and running multiple projects simultaneously
- Coordinate with company and client procurement teams to assure all items with company purchasing responsibility are executed to support the client lead times and expectations with respect to fabrication, testing, and delivery dates
- Working knowledge of construction and site issues
- Capable of working as site engineering manager during project field execution stage
- Coordinate with the client field execution and planning teams and the company design team to resolve any field information request (RFI’s) that arise during the planning stage prior to construction.
- Establishes project staffing requirements plans with project manager and department managers
- Accountable for project design quality and project audits through QA/QC
- Coordinate design activities to be executed outside of office with direct and contract personnel
- Leads team to ensure all CDI procedures and processes are followed
- Analyze and evaluate technical requirements on projects, and lead proposal support activities as assigned
- Acts Wisely and Decisively
- Leads Proactively
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Motivates Others
- Drives for Results
- Resolves conflicts
- Work Standards
- Attention to Detail
- Acting with Integrity
- Analyzing Issues
- Using Technical Expertise
- Identifying problem areas
- Planning and Organizing
- Business Acumen
- Customer Responsiveness
- Leveraging Networks
- Innovative Thinking
- Open Communication
- Thinking Strategically
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit; climb, balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision depth perception, and ability to focus. Employee must be able to climb ladders as typically found in petrochemical facilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may periodically be required to travel to client job-sites, usually involving heavy industrial (chemical) production facilities and access all areas of the facility. Therefore, the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; and the risk of electric shock. The noise level in work place can be loud to moderate depending on assignment. Respirator fit testing may be required.