CDI Engineering Solutions is seeking a Project Aide to work in Baton Rouge, LA. This is a direct hire position. Great Opportunity, Great Benefits, Great Team!
SUMMARY: Provides a wide variety of administrative and secretarial support for the Engineering and Design department, assigned disciplines, and several clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes work according to standard procedures on assignments from multiple sources (project managers, design team leaders, group managers, designers and engineers).
- Prepares memos, letters, meeting minutes, reports, forms and other documents using company or client word processors. Types and proofreads from dictation or draft by others.
- Organizes and maintains project files.
- Monitors and updates engineering deliverable status using company or client document control systems and procedures in absence of document control personnel.
- Records and processes basic data entry / output using company or client spreadsheet programs.
- Creates basic to moderately complex spreadsheets by identifying need to output solutions including formulas, macros, etc.
- Reports to the Engineering and Design Manager for team or group assignment and determination of standards. May receive direction and/or work from other managers/supervisors.
- Accommodates needs from all employees for file management and document processing.
- Familiarity with the concept of manipulating database programs including creation of database from identification of need to output solutions.
- Works independently in a consistent manner according to established procedures.
- Demonstrate initiative to appropriately accommodate new circumstances with minimum direction.
- Able to accurately describe scope and estimate cost (time required) for personal work assignment.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of basic engineering processes and familiarity with the process, sequence and outputs of project control processes such as scope of definition, design development, scheduling, estimating, cost reporting, CADD/reprographics, and document control.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of engineering, construction and process terminology. Uses engineering, construction and process terminology appropriately both orally and in written communication.
- Uses the following office equipment competently; PC’s, printers, typewriters, fax machines, telephone equipment, and various other office machines to complete work.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Experience based on knowledge, skills, and abilities may qualify with the approval of Director of Engineering.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate or equivalent with an emphasis on basic secretarial, math and English courses
- A minimum of two years administrative experience and at least one year working in an engineering office.
- Continued education in an associate or bachelor program in secretarial, business, math or English, may be applied as experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence with proper grammar, syntax, spelling and punctuation. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Must have advanced word processing skills – Customized configuration, document formatting, editing, graphics, file manipulation, merging and style. Must also have advanced spreadsheet skills – Creation of complex spreadsheets using intricate formulas, macros and defining output to meet specific needs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral and diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit; climb, balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision depth perception, and ability to focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in work place in usually moderate.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
CDI Engineering Solutions is an EEO/An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer.