Join a team with EXCELLENCE, LOYALTY and INTEGRITY!
CDI Corporation (CDI) is a privately held company founded in 1950. We deliver engineering services to blue-chip clients with operations in markets around the world.
CDI Marine Company is a division of CDI Government Services and a leader in providing our clients with high quality, cost effective engineering, design and logistics services in the marine industry. For additional opportunities please visit us at www.cdicareercenter.com
• CDI Marine Company was awarded the Virginia Values Veterans (V3) Governor’s Award in 2016.
• Forbes.com named CDI as one of the Most Trustworthy Companies in the United States in 2012.
• CDI Corporation is an EEO/An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer
CDI Government Services is currently recruiting one MCS Instructor in Philadelphia, PA or San Diego, CA.
- Conduct instructor-led training in accordance with Navy Training Policies and quality standard.
- Conduct Machinery Control System (MCS) Training in using new and emerging technologies.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training modules by observing student performance in the classroom and through feedback from supervisors. Develop more effective training by making changes in the course materials and delivery methods as appropriate, and by consulting with training representatives to gain consensus.
- Keep accurate and detail records of student performance in training programs, and provide feedback to supervisors about how students are progressing.
- Provides input or suggestions for editing existing training materials or technical manuals.
- Position requites both domestic and international travel
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- General understanding of CG/DDG engineering systems
- 5-8 years’ experience as a Gas Turbine System Technician, Electrical (GSE) or Electrician’s Mate (with CG and/or DDG experience).
- One year experience in Navy training, assessing training needs and evaluating training effectiveness.
- Ability to learn new technologies, systems and processes quickly.
- Must work well in a team environment, as well as independently.
- Familiarity and comfort level with use of desktop tools for documentation, i.e., PowerPoint, Word and Excel, etc.
- Qualified Propulsion and Auxiliary Control Console (PACC) and Electric Plant Control Console (EPCC) Operator.
- Must be adaptable, a creative problem-solver, self-motivated and needs to be very flexible.
- Must have the ability to obtain/ maintain a government security clearance
- Must have a passport or be able to obtain one in a reasonable timeframe.
- Navy Instructor 9502 NEC
- Ability to travel significantly for up to weeks at a time
- Prepares and provides various reports and technical reviews to customer and senior management as requested.
- Serve as primary interface and technical contact to customers
- Manage multiple program components and activities simultaneously, ensuring efficiency and effectiveness is achieved
MINIMUM SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Preferred skills and experience:
- NAV GSE NEC 4141/4125
- U.S. Navy Master Training Specialist (MTS) certification.
- Qualified as Engineering Officer of the Watch (EOOW).
- Experience delivering classroom presentations 3-5 years.
- Have experience in an instructional setting with responsibilities for development and maintenance of training curriculum and U.S. Navy Interactive Learning Environment (ILE), Navy eLearning (NeL) and Navy Knowledge Online (NKO).
- Demonstrated ability to use established methodologies in all stages of the instructional design process, including planning, analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation; familiarity with methods of developing and delivering NTSPs and its associated processes including an understanding of OPNAVINST 1500.76B and the Navy Training Requirements Documentation Manual (NTRDM); experience with the Navy’s HPRR and JDTA processes.
- Experience using Authoring Instructional Material (AIM) and Content Planning Module (CPM).
- Navy leadership experience.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Proficiency in Microsoft products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Applicant must have a current Secret clearance and may be subject to a security investigation to obtain and maintain a security clearance issued by the US Government. In addition to the security clearance, this position may require an additional background screening for base access.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- CARRYING and LIFTING. Ability to transport and lift objects up to 30 lbs.
- Must comply with Company’s Driver Safety Policy if assigned to operate company and/or rental vehicles