Company: CDI Engineering Solutions
Position: Project Engineer
Location: Coraopolis, PA
Start Date: March 2019 (One Year Contract)
Project Electrical Engineer - Our organization is seeking a Project Electrical Engineer to join our I&E Team. The primary responsibility of this role is to provide a focal point to the customer to represent the rich pool of talent to support the customer at his location. The primary projects will focus on gas production facilities in their Operating Area.
Position Location – Pittsburgh, PA
NOTE: This position may require some overnight travel to project locations in eastern Ohio, northern West Virginia and northeast Pennsylvania.
- Attend bi-weekly meetings and/or conference calls for project status, review, and coordination.
- Generate transmittals for each deliverable submission (IFR and IFC).
- Generate timesheet/invoice
- Provide bi-weekly project reports with schedule (MS Project Professional or equal) and cost forecast to Company for each project.
• Oversight of all electrical, instrumentation and controls engineering, and design activities related to executing green and brown field gas production and gas processing projects.
• Development of construction drawings and documentation, electrical, instrumentation and controls (E, I and C) equipment specifications, engineering and construction scopes of work, cost estimates and engineering calculations.
• Managing home office engineering teams and interfacing with construction contractors, internal engineering and drafting, maintenance, and operations teams.
• Review of engineering and construction bids and deliverables.
• Providing engineering assistance during construction and coordinating E, I and C commissioning and start-up activities.
• Evaluating design and construction installations for company standards and code compliance.
• Participating in Process Hazard (PHA) and Layer of Protection (LOPA) Analysis reviews
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office products; Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel products.
- Experience executing multidiscipline industrial projects over $20MM.
- Experience with low and medium voltage electrical distribution equipment including motor control centers, transformers, switchgear and variable frequency drives.
- Experience implementing the requirements of the National Electric Code and industry best practices.
- Experience implementing RTU and PLC based measurement, regulation, and process control and safety instrumented systems.
- The ability to clearly communicate complex technical topics across project team personnel; management, engineering, construction, operations and maintenance.
- Experience with gas measurement, analysis, and conditioning.
• Integrity, Values, and Trust – Instills confidence of one’s intentions and positively represents the organization by being responsible and trustworthy.
• Drives for Results – Is motivated and determined to achieve objectives while working in compliance.
• Customer/Stakeholder Focus – Makes customer and stakeholder needs a primary focus of one’s actions; develops and sustains effective relationships with customers and stakeholders.
• Communication – Exchanges thoughts and information clearly and concisely to ensure understanding of intended messages.
• Self Knowledge – Personally explores and seeks feedback from others to understand talents, motivations, values, and developmental needs; utilizes understanding to improve performance and build relationships.
A Successful Candidate Will Possess:
• A Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or related design and engineering experience.
• Between 5 and 10 years of experience as an Electrical/Controls Engineer executing multidiscipline industrial projects.
• Experience with low and medium voltage electrical distribution Systems.
• The ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Prior Engineering experience in the Oil and Gas Industry (preferred).
- Experience coordinating with electrical power utilities.
- Experience coordinating with telecommunications utilities.
CDI Corporation is an EEO/An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer